Thursday, August 16, 2012

1 of 12

Well, my sister Katie kindly informed me today that I have not updated the blog so I thought I better get on the horn.  Today Britteny received her first treatment of her weekly chemo.  This will go on like I said for 12 weeks.  Today's treatment lasted a lot longer than she had anticipated.  I don’t think it seemed that long for her thanks to some Benadryl they gave her and a 2 hour nap.  The nurses said that she could possibly have an allergic reaction so the Benadryl was just a precautionary measure. 

After receiving the chemo today Britteny is still feeling good.  No nausea or fatigue to speak of.  We are sure hoping and praying that it stays this way.
Over all our family has been doing pretty well.  When we get a chance we try to get out of the house and play at a park or something like that.  Several days ago we went to Sonic and got some food and took it to the park for a picnic supper.  Franklin got to play on the big playground equipment so he could climb around and wear himself out.  It was a pretty good outing.  This last weekend we tried to go feed ducks but there were already several kids there feeding the small group of ducks there so we just played.  We’ll have to try again on a weekday.  Today I took a picture of Britteny and Abigail.  Usually girls in the family have all the hair; I had to get a picture of my 2 baldies.  Hehe!
The morale around the house is steadily positive thanks to all of your prayers.  Your prayers are what are getting us through everything.  Thank you all!
Andy

2 comments:

  1. I visited with your Grandma Huseman last Wednesday. She sure is proud of of your kiddos! She is also proud of her grandson and his wife. We have been and will continue praying for the both of you and those precious babies. May the Dear Lord bless each and every one of you. Our love to all of you~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear how the duck feeding goes for Franklin. Katie is probably wanting to hear a good duck-attacking story or that Franklin says "D-D-D-Duck!"

    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete